IVF treatment has become a new hope for many couples struggling with infertility
Let us get know its process and the benefits of it in helping you get your baby home
Let’s have a look at the IVF treatment procedure in detail
1. Initial assessment of IVF:
Medical experts actively assess the viability of In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment for individuals or couples facing infertility. Initially they evaluate medical histories, conduct physical examinations, and perform tests to determine factors affecting fertility. This thorough evaluation guides the development of personalized IVF treatment plans, thus optimizing the chances of successful conception and pregnancy for those seeking assistance with starting a family.
2. Ovarian Stimulation:
Fertility medications actively stimulate the ovaries and helps in prompting the production of multiple eggs for potential fertilization during IVF, herein differing from the natural single egg release.
3. Egg Retrieval:
Medical professionals perform egg retrieval by surgically extracting mature eggs from the ovaries through a minimally invasive procedure. Here, using a thin needle inserted through the vaginal wall, they collect eggs that have been stimulated to mature, a crucial step in the IVF process. Then these eggs are utilized for fertilization in a controlled laboratory environment.
4. Sperm Collection and Processing:
In addition, male partners or donors actively provide a sperm sample, collected for use in IVF. The sample undergoes processing to isolate healthy, motile sperm, essential for the fertilization process. However Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is employed, directly injecting a single sperm into an egg for fertilization, in cases of male infertility.
5. Fertilization and Embryo Development:
Lab technicians combine mature eggs and selected sperm through conventional insemination or ICSI, initiating fertilization. Monitored over days, resulting embryos develop before transfer in IVF.
6. Embryo Transfer:
Medical professionals actively transfer carefully selected, high-quality embryos into the woman’s uterus using a catheter, a pivotal step in the IVF process aimed at achieving a successful pregnancy. Extra embryos, if any, can be cryopreserved for future use accordingly.
How does IVF help you?
- Overcoming Infertility: IVF actively addresses infertility, consequently providing a potent solution for those unable to conceive naturally. By actively facilitating the union of sperm and egg outside the body, IVF circumvents common obstacles to conception.
- Diverse Causes of Infertility: IVF tackles various causes of infertility. Whether it’s ovulatory issues, blocked fallopian tubes, or male factor problems, IVF’s versatility offers a proactive approach to addressing these challenges accordingly.
- Higher Success Rates: IVF actively boasts higher success rates compared to other fertility treatments. Its rigorous embryo selection process, involving active evaluation of embryo quality, enhances the likelihood of successful implantation.
- Genetic Screening: Through Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT), IVF actively screens embryos for genetic disorders or chromosomal abnormalities before implantation. This proactive measure reduces the risk of passing on hereditary conditions to offspring.
- Advanced Maternal Age: IVF actively addresses the impact of advanced maternal age on fertility. For women over 35, IVF actively improves the chances of conception by providing a more fertile environment for embryo development.
- Empowering Same-Sex Couples and Singles: IVF actively empowers same-sex couples and single individuals to proactively embark on the journey to parenthood. While actively utilizing donor gametes, IVF offers a proactive means of achieving their family-building goals.
- Fertility Preservation: IVF actively assists individuals facing medical treatments that jeopardize fertility. By proactively preserving eggs or embryos, IVF offers a way to safeguard future fertility options.
- Control Over Timing: IVF offers a proactive approach to family planning by allowing active control over the timing of conception. This is particularly advantageous for those with time-sensitive factors such as career considerations or medical treatments.
- Diverse Family-Building Options: Also IVF proactively presents a range of family-building options. From embryo donation to gestational surrogacy, IVF allows individuals and couples to proactively tailor their approach based on personal preferences.