What is IVF?
In-vitro fertilization or IVF is a process in which the fertilization takes place outside the body. It involves monitoring and stimulation of the woman’s ovary, eggs collection, retrieving of the sperm sample, and then combining eggs and sperm in a laboratory dish to form embryos. The then-formed embryo is placed inside the woman’s uterus to implant.
In short, IVF helps with fertilization, embryo development, and implantation, so that a couple facing infertility issues can increase their chances of becoming parents.
What is IVF Procedure?
IVF Treatment procedure can be segregated into five steps:
- STEP 1 Infertility Workup It is the process of obtaining the past medical history of the patient. We include questions related to the patient, details of the pregnancy of the patient’s mother (both husband and wife), fertility histories of the patient, brothers, sisters and immediate family members and any related history of medical complications if any.
- STEP 2 Ovarian Stimulation It Includes giving the woman, medications, to stimulate healthy egg development. Although in the ovulatory month, we ovulate only one egg, the goal of IVF is to stimulate the production of 10-15 eggs, to help couples increase their chances of conception.
- STEP 3 Egg Retrieval Involves the retrieval of the eggs. The egg retrieval process occurs under general anesthesia. A specialized suction mechanism is advanced into the ovaries, for egg collection. Once the egg retrieval is completed, the embryologist looks at them under a microscope to identify the number of eggs.
- STEP 4 Fertilization In this step, the fertilization of eggs and sperm is done. Once the eggs are retrieved, the mature eggs are placed in an incubator and are fertilized with sperm within a few hours. There are two ways to fertilize an egg, Conventional insemination where the sperm is placed in the dish containing the egg, to allow them to fertilize on their own; or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) in which one sperm is injected into the cytoplasm of the egg using a needle.
- STEP 5 Embryo Culture (Blastocyst Culture) Involves the observation of embryos by embryologists until it reaches the blastocyst stage, known as blastocyst culture. Once the sperm fertilizes the egg, it becomes an embryo. The embryologist then puts the embryo into a special incubator, where the embryo is provided with the proper conditions to develop and grow. Proper monitoring of the embryo is done for 3-5 days, till the blastocyst stage.
- STEP 6 Embryo Transfer The final step is Embryo Transfer. Once the embryo develops to the blastocyst stage, it is transferred into the uterus using a small tube called a Catheter. It is usually done within 3-5 days of the fertilization process. Once the embryo is transferred to the uterus, it is allowed to implant and a blood test is carried on after two weeks to measure the hormone HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin). HCG in the blood usually means a positive pregnancy.
What Is The IVF Cost In India?
The basic IVF cost in India includes all the standard diagnostic, procedures, medication prescribed by the IVF doctor average ranges between Rs. 1.25 to Rs. 2.55 lakhs per IVF cycle. There are many couples who have already spend the same amount for IVF treatment in Delhi. The cost of IVF can vary from clinic to clinic or person to person. It is not a fixed cost, but we at Ekmi Fertility offer you a low-cost IVF treatment with a high IVF success rate in.
IVF is an emerging trend these days to solve the infertility problem suffering by more than 30% of young couples. Ekme Fertility is one of the top IVF center in Delhi that offers affordable successful IVF treatment with low IVF treatment cost with the Best IVF Doctor in Delhi. Our affordable IVF treatment cost has helped many females to overcome undiagnosed infertility and to support the males who are suffering from impotence and other fertility problems.
IVF Treatment Cost In Delhi
As the capital of the country, Delhi is the hub for all the major treatments including IVF. We are one of the best IVF clinic in India that offers a high success rate with the use of the latest technology. Yearly, thousands of couples visit the city in order to seek the best medical attention for their fertility treatment. With our affordable IVF treatment cost in Delhi, we are able to help hundreds of couples in successfully completing their fertility treatment and start their family. We offer the first free consultation which has made our services really affordable to couples of all economic backgrounds.
Cost of IVF With Advanced Treatments
Sometimes, IVF treatment can be combined with other additional treatments which affect the cost of the treatment. You can find the costs of IVF treatments when it is combined with additional treatments.
Basic IVF treatment cost: The basic IVF treatment cost starts from Rs 80,000 onwards making our IVF treatment to be most cost-effective and influential. It only includes the process of egg retrieval, sperm retrieval, fertilization, and fresh embryo transfer.
IVF cost with ICSI: ICSI is an advanced technology that enhances the chances of fertilization. It is known to make a great difference in the success of an IVF treatment. And to help you conceive successfully, we do not charge a single penny more for this process, thus providing low-cost IVF treatment.
IVF cost with FET: The frozen embryo transfer enhances the chances of implantation by improving the process of conception. The cost of IVF with FET starts from Rs 50,000.
IVF cost with PESA, TESA, and TESE: In IVF treatment, if the male partner fails to retrieve the sperm naturally, then there will be a surgical way to retrieve sperms which are known as PESA, TESA, and TESE. The IVF cost with TESA with us starts just from Rs. 25,000.
IVF cost with Sperm Donor Program: When all the methods of retrieving sperms have failed, we suggest taking the help of donor sperm. The option of sperm can be availed at a starting range of Rs. 30,000 and then IVF procedure is carried.
IVF Cost with Egg Donation: In some cases, women are unfortunate to ovulate at all, even with the fertility drugs. In these cases, we suggest taking the help of egg donation. We allow you to select the egg donor after a detailed investigation. The egg donor can be availed at a minimum starting cost of Rs. 50,000.
IVF Cost with Embryo Donation: When couples completed their family and still have spare frozen embryos, we suggest them to donate them to needy couples. The IVF with embryo donation is like adopting a child. The IVF cost with embryo donation starts from Rs. 50,000.
IVF Cost with Surrogacy: Surrogacy is also the best option for women who are unable to bear the weight of the child. The surrogacy cost is the highest cost as you have to bear all the expenses of the surrogate mother. The IVF cost with surrogacy starts nearly around Rs. 6,00,000.
IVF cost with PGS/PGD: Sometimes, we advised patients to determine the chromosomes of the embryo in order to diagnose any kind of genetic disorder. The IVF cost with a pre-implantation genetic screen is kept at the minimum bar to help you avail, a low-cost IVF treatment.
Factors Affecting the Cost Of IVF Treatment
Apart from the type of treatment, the overall cost of IVF treatment is directly proportionate to many factors which are described below:
Cost of Medicines: The average IVF medication cost starts from Rs. 60,000. This will include hormone stimulating injections, progesterone medicines, and other fertility drugs that support the IVF treatment. The major portion of the treatment involves medications, that helps
A Number of Cycles: The number of IVF cycles, the more cost you need to spend for the IVF treatment. The success rate of IVF treatment is associated with the age of the women, the younger the woman is the higher the success is.
Cost of Living: As the capital, you will find the most affordable cost of living including the food, accommodation, medications, and other facilities. So, if you are traveling from other cities, you don’t need to consider the cost of living during your IVF treatment in our clinic.
How much does 1 cycle of IVF cost?
The basic IVF cost in India includes all the standard diagnostic, procedures, medication prescribed by the IVF doctor average ranges between Rs. 1.25 to Rs. 2.55 lakhs per IVF cycle.
What is IVF process cost?
The average cost of an IVF cycle starts from just Rs. 80,000. There may be additional medicines and tests required – or procedures like Frozen Embryo Transfer – that can further escalate the cost.
How do people afford IVF?
You might consider borrowing money to pay for IVF treatments. Borrowing options go beyond credit cards and might involve dipping into retirement funds, taking out a home equity loan or a medical loan, or even asking mom or dad for cash.
Why IVF is so expensive?
The main reason why an IVF is so expensive is that it requires many stages of preparation before and after the treatment that adds up over time.