What is IVF?
In-vitro fertilization or IVF is a process in which the fertilization takes place outside the body. It involves ovarian stimulation, egg collection, sperm retrieval, and then combining eggs and sperm in a laboratory dish to form embryos. The resultant embryo is transferred into the female partner’s uterus. IVF procedure and fees depends upon patient’s clinical history and numerous other factors.
In short, IVF helps with fertilization, embryo development, and implantation, so that a couple facing infertility issues can increase their chances of becoming parents.
What is IVF Procedure?
IVF Treatment procedure has five steps:
- STEP 1 Infertility Workup It is the process of obtaining the past medical history of the patient. We include the patient’s infertility journey so far (both husband and wife), family history (to rule out risks of genetic anomaly and other diseases) etc.
- STEP 2 Ovarian Stimulation In ovarian stimulation the doctor gives injectable FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) to increase the size of the follicles. LH (Leutenizing Hormone) is added to prevent ovulation, until the desired size of follicle is attained. Then a trigger is given to rupture the follicles for retrieval. Although in the ovulatory phase of every month, we ovulate only one egg, but in IVF a female produces 10-15 eggs, thereby increasing the chances of conception.
- STEP 3 Egg Retrieval Involves the retrieval of the eggs from follicles.The egg retrieval process is carried under general anesthesia. A specialized suction mechanism is advanced into the ovaries, for egg collection. Once the egg retrieval is completed, the embryologist looks at them under a microscope to identify the number of mature eggs eligible for fertilization.
- STEP 4 Fertilization In this step, the fertilization of eggs and sperm is done. Once the eggs are retrieved, the mature eggs are placed in an incubator and are fertilized with sperm within a few hours. There are two ways to fertilize an egg, Conventional insemination where the sperm is placed in the dish containing the egg, to allow them to fertilize on their own; or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) in which one sperm is injected into the cytoplasm of the egg using a needle under a microscope.
- STEP 5 Embryo Culture (Blastocyst Culture) Involves the observation of embryos by embryologists until it reaches the blastocyst stage, known as blastocyst culture. Once the sperm fertilizes the egg, it becomes an embryo. The embryologist then puts the embryo into a special incubator, where the embryo is provided with the proper conditions to develop and grow.
- STEP 6 Embryo Transfer The final step is Embryo Transfer. Once the embryo develops to the blastocyst stage, it is transferred into the uterus using a small tube called a Catheter. It is usually done within 5 days of the fertilization process. Once the embryo is transferred to the uterus, it is allowed to implant and a blood test is carried on after two weeks to measure the hormone BHCG (Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotropin). HCG in the blood usually means a positive pregnancy.
What Is The IVF Cost In India?
The basic IVF cost in India includes all the standard diagnostic tests, procedures, medications prescribed by the IVF doctor. The average cost ranges between Rs. 1.25 to Rs. 2.55 lakhs per IVF cycle. There are many couples who have already spend the same amount for IVF treatment in Delhi. The cost of IVF can vary from clinic to clinic or person to person. We at Ekmi Fertility offer you a low-cost IVF treatment with a high IVF success rate.
IVF is the treatment of choice these days to solve the infertility problem suffering by more than 30% of young couples. Ekmi Fertility is one of the top IVF center in Delhi that offers affordable successful IVF treatment with low IVF treatment cost with the Best IVF Doctor in Delhi. Our affordable IVF treatment program has helped many couples suffering with infertility in bringing home their bundle of joy.
IVF Treatment Cost In Delhi
As the capital of the country, Delhi is the hub for all the major treatments including IVF. We are one of the best IVF clinic in India that offers a high success rate with the use of the latest technology. Yearly, thousands of couples visit the city in order to seek the best medical attention for their fertility treatment. With our affordable IVF treatment cost in Delhi, we are able to help hundreds of couples in successfully completing their family. We offer the first free consultation which has made our services really affordable to couples of all economic backgrounds.
Cost of IVF With Advanced Treatments
Sometimes, IVF treatment can be combined with other additional treatments which affect the cost of the treatment.
Basic IVF treatment cost: The basic IVF treatment cost starts from Rs 80,000 onwards making our IVF treatment to be most cost-effective and influential. It only includes the process of egg retrieval, sperm retrieval, fertilization, and fresh embryo transfer.
IVF cost with ICSI: ICSI is an advanced technology that enhances the chances of fertilization. It makes a great difference in the success of an IVF treatment. And to help you conceive successfully, we do not charge a single penny more for this process, thus providing low-cost IVF treatment.
IVF cost with FET: The frozen embryo transfer enhances the chances of implantation by improving the process of conception. The cost of IVF with FET starts from Rs 50,000.
IVF cost with PESA, TESA, and TESE: In IVF treatment, if the male partner fails to retrieve the sperm naturally, then there will be a surgical way to retrieve sperms which are known as PESA, TESA, and TESE. The IVF cost with TESA with us starts just from Rs. 25,000.
IVF cost with Sperm Donor Program: When all the methods of retrieving sperms have failed, we suggest taking the help of an anonymous sperm donor. The cost of the same starts from Rs. 30,000.
IVF Cost with Egg Donation: In some cases, women are unfortunate to ovulate at all, even with the fertility drugs. In these cases, we suggest taking the help of egg donation. We allow you to select the egg donor after a detailed investigation. The cost of egg donor starts from Rs. 50,000.
IVF Cost with Embryo Donation: When couples completed their family and still have spare frozen embryos, we suggest them to donate them to needy couples. The IVF with embryo donation is like adopting a child. The IVF cost with embryo donation starts from Rs. 50,000.
IVF Cost with Surrogacy: Surrogacy is the best option for women who are somehow unable to carry the pregnancy on their own. Our clinical and legal team facilitates the entire process right from filing your case in the surrogacy board, till the time you get the Parentage and custody order.
To know more about the surrogacy process please speak to our Surrogacy Counselor on +91- 8448841271
IVF cost with PGS/PGD: In patients with history of multiple miscarriages, abnormality in the previous child or any other genetic anomaly running in the family, we advise Pre implantation Genetic Diagnosis. The bare minimum cost of pre-implantation genetic screen in our clinics has helped multiple couples to have a healthy child.
Factors Affecting the Cost Of IVF Treatment
Apart from the type of treatment, the overall cost of IVF treatment is directly proportional to many factors :
Cost of Medicines: The average IVF medication cost starts from Rs. 60,000. This will include hormone stimulating injections, progesterone medicines, and other fertility drugs that support the IVF treatment.
A Number of Cycles: More the number of IVF cycles, the more cost you need to spend for the IVF treatment.
Cost of Living: As the capital, you will find the most affordable cost of living including the food, accommodation, medications, and other facilities. So, if you are traveling from other cities, you don’t need to consider the cost of living during your IVF treatment in our clinic.
How much does 1 cycle of IVF cost?
The basic IVF cost in India includes all the standard diagnostic, procedures, medication prescribed by the IVF doctor average ranges between Rs. 1.25 to Rs. 2.55 lakhs per IVF cycle.
IVF process cost?
The average cost of an IVF cycle starts from just Rs. 80,000. There may be additional medicines and tests required – or procedures like Frozen Embryo Transfer – that can further escalate the cost.
To know the exact cost of your treatment call our IVF counselor on +91- 8448841271 or email us at email@example.com